2023 Impact Report

SRC CIC published its first impact report and we hope you enjoy reading about our work this year. We are so excited to share it with you!

Leading with Empathy

A mini book guiding empathetic management

Research shows that when we use empathy in our relationships that we can gain a lot more insight to our friends and colleagues.

3rd Sector – State of Racial Equity

Overall, the state of racial equity within the 3rd Sector is relatively poor. In the UK, 65% of respondents in a 2020 survey by the Third Sector said they had experienced racism or helped someone through a racist incident, whilst 98% of them said they had witnessed racism in the last year (Delahunty, 2021b). In this same study, respondents who identified as minoritised ethnic groups cited problems in programming, workplace culture, and leadership as some of the biggest challenges faced from an organisational viewpoint (Delahunty, 2021b). Power dynamics in career progression, workplace culture, and funding opportunities are at play.

Tech & Engineering Sector – State of Racial Equity 

Overall, the state of racial equity within the tech and engineering sectors is relatively poor. There is a shortage of research into this as the tech sector, in particular, doesn’t typically capture data about demographics. For instance, the Tech Talent Charter completed an extensive UK-based survey of its signatories (N=580 organisations), which covers around 192,000 tech workers; and, of these, only 45% were able to supply disaggregated ethnicities of their workforce because the other 55% did not ask for this information (TTC, 2022). We can gather more information regarding demographics in the engineering sector as this is studied and reported on through school-age to university leavers and into organisations.


© 2022 Shannon Rivers Consultancy CIC. Registered no: 14232395 England. Registered office: 43 Desborough Way, Norwich NR7 0RR. All rights reserved.

We need your consent to load the translations

We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.